Say Goodbye to fat with Belle Sculpt here in Myrtle Beach, SC! No surgery no downtime!
We can all use some motivation sometimes. Today focus on being a better you than you were yesterday!
Maurice A. Adatto & Robyn M. Adatto-Neilson &
Received: 19 November 2013 /Accepted: 4 March 2014 /Published online: 1 April 2014
# The Author(s) 2014. This article is published with open access at Springerlink.com Abstract A growing patient demand for a youthful skin appearance with a favorable body shape has led to the recent development of new noninvasive body contouring techniques. We have previously demonstrated that the combination of bipolar radiofrequency (RF) and optical energies with tissue manipulation is an efficient reshaping modality. Here, we investigated the efficacy and safety of a new high-power
version of this combined technology, in terms of adipose tissue reduction and skin tightening. Thirty-five patients received one treatment per week over 6 weeks to their abdomen/flank, buttock, or thigh areas and were followed up to 3 months post completion of the treatment protocol. This new device has an increased power in the bipolar RF, as this parameter appears to be the most important energy modality for volume reduction. Patient circumferences were measured and comparisons of baseline and post treatment outcomes were made.
Diagnostic ultrasound (US) measurements were performed in 12 patients to evaluate the reduction in adipose tissue volume, and a cutometer device was used to assess improvements in skin tightening. We observed a gradual decline in patient circumferences from baseline to post six treatments. The overall body shaping effect was accompanied with improvement in skin tightening and was clearly noticeable in the comparison of the before and after treatment clinical photographs. These findings correlated with measurements of adipose tissue volume and skin firmness/elasticity using diagnostic US and cutometer, respectively. The thickness of the fat layer showed on average a 29 % reduction between baseline and the 1-month follow up. The average reduction in the circumference of the abdomen/flanks, buttocks, and thighs from baseline to the 3-month follow-up was 1.4, 0.5, and 1.2 cm, respectively, and 93 % of study participants demonstrated a 1–60 % change in fat layer thickness. Patients subjectively described comfort and satisfaction from treatment, and 97 % of them were satisfied with the results at the followup visit. The application of high-power RF energy combined with infrared (IR), mechanical massage, and vacuum appears to be an effective modality for the reduction in circumferences of the abdomen/flank, buttock and thigh regions, and the improvement of skin appearance. The present study performed with a new device suggests that the underlying mechanism of action is reduction in the subcutaneous adipose tissue volume and intensification of dermal matrix density.
1. a Department of Plastic Surgery, USC School of Medicine , Beverly Hills , CA , USA.
2. b Radboudumc, Radboud Academie , Nijmegen , Netherlands.
3. c Andriessen Consultanta , Malden , Netherlands.
4. d Surgery, Plastic Surgery Division , University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey , Montclair , NJ , USA.
5. e Main Line for Laser Surgery , Ardmore , OK , USA.
6. f Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery , Fayetteville , NY , USA.
7. g Facial Plastic & Aesthetic Laser Center & The MIA Center , Boardman , OH , USA.
8. h Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists , Westwood , CA , USA.
9. i Lorenc Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center , New York , USA.
10. j Lenox Hill Hospital , New York, NY , USA.
11. k School of Medicine, Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami , Miami , FL , USA.
12. l Center for Cosmetic Enhancement and Center of Cosmetic Research , Aventura , FL , USA.
13. m Cosmetic Laser Dermatology , San Diego , CA , USA.